The BUR 3K-P600 ultra-compact, fully-encapsulated, industrial quality step-down DC-DC regulator delivers up to 3000W output power. The unit steps a 600Vdc (400-800Vdc range) input voltage down to 300Vdc or similar voltage at very high efficiency. The use of the latest silicon carbide semiconductor technology contributes to 97-98% conversion efficiency, allowing low heat dissipation and high power density in a compact 155 x 68.5 x 270 mm enclosure. This step-down DC-DC regulator was developed for applications that require a stable regulated output voltage from a wide input voltage range, stabilizing voltage at the end of a long industrial cable, and generating a stable suitable voltage for motor drive units.
The BUR 3K-P600 unit is entirely potted with a thermally conductive MIL-grade silicon rubber compound with UL94V-0 flammability rating to ensure immunity to shock, vibration and humidity. Cooling is via base plate by conduction. It is designed for continuous operation at +70°C with installation on an appropriate size heat sinking surface. For applications that do not require full encapsulation, we can offer the BUR 3K-F3W, a rugged, compact, fan-cooled version of this design.
Comprehensive electronic protection includes overload, overvoltage and short circuit protection, and thermal shutdown with automatic reset in case of insufficient cooling. This DC-DC regulator is filtered to meet EN 55022 Class A EMI with wide margins; Class B is available on request. It is designed to meet EN/IEC 60950-1 and corresponding industrial standards.
ABSOPULSE Electronics is an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) of an extensive range of fully encapsulated industrial and railway grade power conversion solutions designed for operation in extreme conditions. Our designs can be modified to meet customer application requirements. However, we are primarily a custom design house offering fully custom solutions. Please Contact us to discuss your requirements.
- 3kW step-down DC-DC regulator;
- High input voltage;
- Input: 600Vdc (400-800Vdc range) ;
- DC-output: 300Vdc/10A;
- A built-in redundancy diode for N+1 redundancy is available on request;
- Line/load regulation: ±1% zero-load to full-load;
- EMI: EN 55022 Class A with wide margins (Class B optional);
- Full encapsulation with thermally conductive MIL-grade silicon potting compound;
- -40°C to +70°C operating temperature range for full specification;
- Cooling:conduction and natural convection;
- P600: 155 x 68.5 x 270 mm (6.1” x 2.7” x 10.6”) fully encapsulated enclosure
- F3W: 157 x 65 x 295 mm (6.2″ x 2.5″ x 11.6″) fan-cooled enclosure