The MIW-50-D0-IP66 Series of compact, 50-W power supplies are designed for low power applications that require a rugged waterproof, dust-proof, explosion-proof ac/dc or dc/dc power conversion solution. The power supplies target heavy industry, transportation, mining, marine, military, oil & gas, telecom, electrical utility, and other harsh environments.
The units operate across a full universal input range of 90V to 264Vac and provide a single output of 5V, 12V, 24V, 36V, 48V, 72V, 130Vdc or custom. The series also offers dc-inputs of 250Vdc (210-290V), 300Vdc (250-350V), or custom. Efficiency rating is load dependent, typically a minimum of 80% at full load.
Packaged in compact 148 x 108 x 75 mm IP66-rated die cast aluminum sealed enclosures, the MIW-50-D0-IP66 units are protected from the effects of moisture, humidity, sand, dust, oil and other contaminants. They comply with ATEX explosion protection regulations; sparks originating within the enclosures will not ignite gases, dust and other flammable elements in the surrounding air. To ensure immunity to shock, vibration and moisture, the internal boards are ruggedized and conformal coated.
Conduction and natural convection provide sufficient cooling for operation within a -25°C to +55°C temperature range for full specification; a -25°C to +70°C temperature range is possible with derating. The input and output are filtered for low noise. The input meets EN55022 Class A with wide margins. The power supplies are designed for compliance with EN/UL60950-1 and equivalent safety standards. Electronic protection includes 4300Vdc input-output isolation, inrush current limiting, reverse polarity, over voltage, over temperature and short circuit conditions.
- Industrial quality ac-dc or dc-dc power supply;
- Waterproof IP66 enclosure (IP67 on request);
- Input: Universal 90V – 264Vac, 250Vdc (210-290V), 300Vdc (250-350V) or custom;
- Output: 5V, 12V, 24V, 36V, 48V, 72V, 130Vdc or custom;
- EMI: EN55022 Class A with margins (Curve B on request);
- Conduction and convection cooled;
- Operating temp range -25°C to +55°C (no derating);
- Connector: Sealed, circular, cable glands, MIL or custom;
- Internal modules ruggedized and conformal coated;
- Comply with most fire resistance standards and with ATEX explosion protection regulations;
- D0 chassis: 178 x 108 x 78 mm (7.0" x 4.25" x 3.05") – L x W x H - include flanges/baseplate.